You don’t need to own one of the beautiful historic homes in Newton to have issues with outdated residential wiring that needs to be replaced. In fact, if your home is more than 20 years old, it is very likely that you will need to upgrade electrical wiring shortly. Hiring Newton electrical services through a trusted source, such as M. Foley Electric, can help you to ensure the safety and efficiency of your home, without having concerns about the quality of the installation. There’s a big difference between hiring a licensed and professional electrician in Newton and just contacting “some guy” from the local handyman section of the newspaper or Penny Saver. It pays to hire a reputable electrician who will guarantee the work and get it done promptly.
What Type of Wiring Do You Have?
One of the most frustrating things about residential wiring is that you can’t just quickly look at it and determine the type or status of it through the walls. Bad wiring can leave you vulnerable to potential fire hazards, system outages, and other issues, all of which will leave you without service when you need it and will end up costing you a lot in emergency repairs. If you suspect that you require professional Newton electrical services to repair or replace your residential wiring, you should start by contacting a certified electrician to come out and do a complete inspection.
Common warning signs of hidden electrical issues include:
- bad fuses and problems with circuits
- breakers that regularly pop with increased use
- lights that flicker
- outlets that are loose or don’t work consistently
- burned or scorched outlets
- lighting fixtures that only work some of the time
While you can replace fuses and reset breakers for isolated incidents, if you find yourself running to the fuse box on a regular basis, there may be a hidden issue that requires the services of professional Newton electrical services. Even seemingly small things, such as bad outlets or light switches that don’t work consistently, should be addressed by a professional. It may not be as simple as putting in a new outlet or switch if could require more extensive repairs or upgrades to your existing residential wiring.
5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Electrician in Newton
It can be overwhelming to think about hiring someone to upgrade electrical wiring in your home. How much will it cost? How long will it take? How much inconvenience will it be? Will you have to replace all of your drywall and re-do all of your walls? How much does an electrical box cost to replace? There are lots of questions and concerns. When you hire Newton electrical services through a reputable company like M. Foley Electric, you can rest assured that you have hired a trustworthy team of licensed, certified, experienced, and insured technicians who will help you achieve all of your goals for residential wiring.
The top five reasons why you need a pro include:
- COST – You might think it would be cheaper to start a DIY project to upgrade electrical wiring, outlets, fixtures, and fuse boxes, but the truth is that it will usually end up costing you more to later hire a professional electrician in Newton to fix whatever went wrong.
- SAFETY – Electricity should not be messed with unless you know what you are doing. Even a small mistake could lead to injury or death. You could even unknowingly make changes to electrical wiring that could lead to a fire. If you do the work yourself instead of hiring a certified electrician, your homeowner’s insurance probably won’t cover the damage that is caused as a result.
- LICENSING – All of our electrical contractors are licensed and certified to do residential wiring repairs and servicing in Massachusetts. If you are having work done anywhere in the Greater Boston area, you can count on M. Foley Electric to take care of all the permits and requirements established in your local town, county, and state.
- SPEED – An experienced electrician will get the job done much faster than anything you can do yourself. If you need to upgrade electrical wiring for your Newton home, it can be helpful to know how long it will take and when you can get your house back to normal. No one wants to take months or years to do residential wiring when a professional electrician in Newton could get it done in a fraction of the time.
- QUALITY – One of the most obvious reasons to hire Newton electrical services to inspect, repair or upgrade electrical wiring in your home is the quality of the services that you will receive. The main reason why you hire a professional to do anything in the way of home repair is the skills, experience, tools, equipment, materials, and quality results that you can expect from a reputable tradesman.
Get a FREE Estimate from M. Foley Electric
If you suspect that you may be having problems with your residential wiring, contact a professional electrician in Newton or anywhere in the surrounding Greater Boston area, to get the job done right. You should never try to repair or upgrade electrical wiring on your own. Always trust it to professional Newton electrical services. Give us a call today at 1-857-829-0516 and speak with one of our friendly customer services agents to schedule an in-home estimate for all of your electrical servicing, repair, and installation needs.